YOU'VE BEEN REQUESTED FOR AN AUDITION!
1. Take this thought right into your heart. We WANT to see you! We asked you to come. You are our guest.
- We searched for you, we found you and we invited you. We Want to see you! (let this make you feel GOOD, and take that good feeling right into the room!)
- This is your personal “ticket to the lottery!” So, if you are asked to come to an audition, be on time, and bring the very best of your beautiful self.
2. We are human, and what you bring in the room reflects how you are received… so bring in Joy, Conviction, and Ease. Open our hearts.
- Get your mojo shining bright Before you walk through that door!
- This is where a little meditation can come in handy. Just taking 5 minutes to breathe and to center yourself will bring you back to Clarity and Focus. You will have exactly what you need to be Relaxed and Present.
- Don’t forget to Smile and say Hello when you come in! (…and a “Thanks for having me.” as you leave can be a nice touch!)
- This is not a time to play it safe, or to try and do what everyone else might be doing. That Doesn’t mean we want you to “Bring your Crazy!”
- The fact is that Commercials are most often all about your Personality. Our clients are looking for that perfect someone to represent their product. That could mean quirky, seriously subdued, dead pan, silly, witty…big Big BIG, or incredibly understated. There is a little something that we see in you - that is why we have asked you in. Give us your own personal twist...however subtle or big.
- Your job is to study the notes you have been given, and then give us That - while letting YOU shine through. Give us a place to start. Have a couple of options in mind. We may have a suggestion for you…listen, and roll with it!
4. LA LA LA LA LA!!! No excuses please. Leave your baggage outside. Better yet, at home.
- No Monkey Minds Allowed! It feels awful to Be in that state and it's even More awful to witness it!
- Parking tickets, family feuds, money woes and fretting over late delivered scripts or unexpected cold reads have no place in the audition room.
- You are a professional. You are there to show us why you are perfect for the role!
- So, take a breath, give yourself and internal shake and let the bullshit fall away! Bring your focus to the task at hand and give us your Performance.
5. Enter with certainty. Don’t give up your power as soon as the door opens.
- Confidence is sexy. It’s compelling. It gives you an edge. It’s a great place to be working from, and it is a powerful thing to witness.
- Your vibe when you walk into the room should be assured and pleased to be there. This Is after all what it’s all about! A chance for us to see you shine!
- Did you know some people come in to audition who look like they can’t Wait to get out of there! Seriously! Don’t let that be you.
A Casting Director is your advocate and your champion. Your work reflects on us. When you “show up”, it makes us look good and gets that role cast. Can we have a Hallelujah!
If you are disconnected, tentative or muddled, it's frustrating & no good work gets done. It wastes time. We need you to be great!
That door can be seen as a gateway or a barricade. Remember this...It is your Stage – not a torture chamber! :)
Whether it’s a simple group scene, a silent on camera role or a full-blown director/producer/agency callback session, this is your time, your opportunity.
Casting Directors/Producers/Agency… we’re all human, and you can affect us on an emotional level.
That's what we all really want. That’s your job. You being fully present, truthful, personal, and vulnerable is going to give us the ammunition we need to champion you with all our hearts. We all desperately want you to do great work. We’re rooting for that every time you walk into the room.
Never forget that we are all a team, working together to make the client's vision come to life.
Exciting stuff, and SO much fun!
Bring it ON!